Have you thought of why grape juice is good for you? This appealing fruit varies in sizes and colors – pale green, rich red and deep purple. The most amazing thing about grapes is that it serves for medicinal purposes or as an antiseptic. If consumed in moderation it can make the heart rejoice and put the heart in a merry mood. This article will discuss why grape juice is good for you.
WHY GRAPE JUICE IS GOOD FOR YOU: HEALTH
Grapes are for making wine, jams, jellies and salads. They are decent wellspring of potassium, vitamin C, and phosphorus. Grapes also contain vitamin K, copper, fiber and are low in calories. The following are the reasons why grape juice is good for you:
- Promotes heart health; grapes contain antioxidants that promote a healthy heart and reduce inflammation levels in the body. It also prevents atherosclerosis (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) or hardening of arteries. Drinking grape juice can help improve blood flow through the arteries and lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Aids digestion and gut health; having digestion problems, or irregular bowel movements? Grape is an easy snack for you. Its fiber content and polyphenols enhances digestion and assimilation. It can ease digestive discomfort and produce regular bowel movements. Intake of grapes daily promotes digestive regularity.
- Reduces cancer risk; grape possesses anti-cancer properties. It has a possible ability to prevent breast, colon and prostate cancer caused by free radicals damage.
- Boost immune system; anyone with a weak immune system is prone to having various health complications. Adding red grapes to your daily diet is a good way to boost your immune system and strengthen your internal organs.
- Promotes healthy bone; grape contains vitamin K which prevents fractured bones and keeps the bone healthy and strong. A study (pubmed.ncbi.nilm.nih.gov) shows that vitamin K promotes healthy calcium balance.
- Grapes supports healthy skin; are you having acne problems and seeking for a glowing skin? Grape juice helps reduce dark spots and wrinkles. They enhance the skin’s elasticity and increase blood circulation. Vitamin C and E in grapes protects the skin from toxic damage and repair collagen.
- Improves cognitive ability; Grape juice helps improve cognitive ability, advances learning and memory. They additionally help battle against neurodegenerative disorders.
- Grapes improves vision; grapes are acceptable wellsprings of antioxidants. They help maintain good vision, guard against eye problems, glaucoma, and other related eye problems.
- Controls blood sugar; are you diabetic and scared of consuming grapes? You should not be grapes have properties that help prevent diabetes. Research (pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) has demonstrated that they are sweet and helpful for adults with type 2 diabetes. The presence of resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity and balances blood glucose. All this makes it an incredible snack for you.
- Aids weight loss; grapes contain low healthy calories, which helps the body perform its daily activities. They accumulate cholesterol and stop it from being absorbed in the blood, which helps prevent obesity and heart diseases.
- Supports liver health; Polluted environment, physical stress, certain infections and so on can cause the development of liver problems. Antioxidant properties in grapes have the ability to protect your liver. Eating grapes can reduce the risk of liver failure.
- Promotes healthy pregnancy; Are you pregnant? Grapes are very astonishing for both you and your baby, if consumed in moderation. They help boost your immune system, strengthen your internal organs and fight off infections.
HOW TO CONSUME GRAPE
Grape and its juice have many health benefits. It is a great snack, if you are trying to cut down on your intake of processed foods. Therefore, the next time you visit the food market you should always remember why grape juice is good for you and consider adding it to your daily diet.
Grapes can stand as plain snack. Aside from eating it in its raw form, it is good for vegetable or chicken salad. Grapes can be froze to have a cool treat.
Read too: HIGHEST VITAMIN C FRUIT IMAGINABLE
HOW TO MAKE GRAPE JUICE
- Remove the grapes from the stems.
- Wash the grapes- Put your grapes in a bowl and rinse with warm water. This gets rid of the chemicals used in growing them and pesticides that can be in the skin.
- Mash the grapes- Mash your grapes using a potato blender for a better juice extraction. Be careful not to blend them to a puree.
- Cook the grapes- After mashing the grapes, put in a pot and simmer for 10-15minutes.
- Once the grapes are very soft and start clustering, remove from heat.
- Strain the juice- Pour the grapes into a juice strainer, sieve or cheesecloth, collecting the juice and discarding the solids.
- Refrigerate the juice- Bottle the juice and refrigerate. You can also pour the juice in a drinking glass with ice, and your grape juice is ready to expend.
Interestingly, grapes are freshly available in fruit stores around the world at all seasons. Its health and nutritional values has made it important enough to produce this fruit throughout the year by farmers. Many might not have seen a reason before now to add grapes to their diet; you should have a rethink since you have learnt why grape juice is good for you.
More so, there are many applications and uses of grape as we have detailed here. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that grape juice is good for you and should be in consideration when next you hit the fruit market.