Avocado calories are very rich. The fruit maintains green even when ripe. Avocado, soft, with butter-like texture, has a somewhat unsweetened flavor. Furthermore, avocado tree is botanically a flowering plant of lauraceous family. Avocado fruit is botanically a large berry. Do you know that everything from the tree, leave, seed and the flesh of avocado is useful to man? This article will explain how. Thus, we will show the richness of avocado calories. Additionally, the article will expose best climate for growing avocado. Most importantly, the article will explain how you could earn money from avocado leaves.
AVOCADO CALORIES AND NUTRITIONAL VALUE
The avocado calories have outstanding nutritional value. Avocado is a reach source of vitamin C, protein, niacin, potassium, and riboflavin. The fruit part contain at least 11 vitamins and 14 minerals. Avocado with tortillas is a complete meal in in some parts of Central America. The avocado is also rich in fat, and its oil. Like the olive oil, avocado contains monounsaturated fats.
Read here too: CHERRY TOMATO: HEALTH BENEFITS OF TOMATO
OTHER USES OF AVOCADO
Almost every part of the avocado tree is useful. The following are further uses of avocado and its components:
- The Avocado oil is also useable in the fabrication of soaps and cosmetics.
- Avocado wood is useful as fuel.
- The avocado seed is useable in South America to mark clothing, since it leaves an indelible stain.
- In America, the avocado leaves are useful to make tea.
- The bark of avocado tree can reportedly be useful to tan leather.
AVOCADO CALORIES: PURCHASE AND STORAGE
Ripe avocados are not noticeable by their color of skin. Reason is because avocados come in various colors. Try the following:
- Gently squeeze the fruit to determine ripeness. If slightly soft, it is ripe.
- Avocados should be stored in warm, well-ventilated places.
- You can aid the ripening process slightly by wrapping them in newspaper.
- They may also be in the refrigerator, even after they are open.
- By sprinkling the open side of the fruit with lemon juice, you may forestall the browning of the pulp.
AVOCADO CALORIES: PREPARING AND EATING THE FRUIT
There is no single formula that determines how to prepare and eat fruits. However, some formulae work with amazing refreshment. How would you rather eat avocados? Try the following suggestions and give us the feedback:
- Combine avocados with citrus fruits or tomatoes, perhaps some piquant dressing.
- Use avocado with shrimp, crab, or lobster.
- In addition, avocados can be used to advantage in many types of salads.
- Combine with other fruits to make a refreshing juice.
- When avocados are mashed with spices and other ingredients, a delicious spread is produced that can be used on crackers.
- Noteworthy also, is the famous guacamole, made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and spices.
- The fruit can also be servable with cooked foods, as part of a main dish. In that case, addition of avocado should be at the last moment, to keep away from heat.
HOW TO GROW AVOCADOS
Avocados are among the commercially important fruit worldwide. The cultivation of avocados are mainly in warm climatic areas. Countries such as Philippines, Israel, Kenya, New Zealand, North and South America, are the major cultivators.
In tropical lands of the Americas for instance, there are many varieties of avocado. Some are as small well-rounded pebble; others are as big as a medium-sized melon. Further information about avocados includes the following:
- Avocados color may vary from green to dark purple.
- The skin of some avocado varieties is rough and brittle, while that of others is thin and smooth.
- Cultivation of avocado orchards that produce avocados of uniform appearance and quality is possible.
- When flowering, avocado trees are with thousands of pale-yellow blossoms. However, only 1 in 5,000 of these blossoms will become an avocado. An unusual characteristic of these flowers is that each of them bears a stamen, or pollen-producing structure, and at the same time, a pistil, or ovary-bearing structure. This could allow for self-pollination were it not for a marvelous mechanism in the avocado tree that programs these structures to be active at separate times.
- Consequently, some trees open their flowers as pollen receptors with the morning sun and close the flowers at midday. These same flowers then reopen as pollen producers in the evening. Other trees in the vicinity will have the opposite cycle. Pollination occurs when a tree that is producing pollen is near one that is at the same time receiving pollen. In addition, bees or other insects are important to the transfer of the pollen.
- Thus, an intricate coordination of sunlight, heat, insects, wind, and location makes possible the reproduction of this fruit.
MAKE MONEY FROM EXPORTING AVOCADO LEAVE TEA
As we mentioned earlier, avocado leave tea is becoming popular among Americans. The production process is very simple. Following steps gives an overview of the process:
- Pluck the very youngest leaves and leaf buds of avocado.
- Roll the avocado leaves between your hands, and crush them until darkened.
- Spread the crushed avocado leaves out on a tray, and allow in cool location for 2-3 days. This process is called withering
- Dry the withered avocado leaves in the oven at about 250 F for close to 30 minutes.
- Store the product in an airtight container.
All around the world, avocados play roles in dishes and delicacies. Has avocado calories formed part of your daily diet? Have you tasted avocados? If not, what is holding you back? The non-sugary taste could scare many. Why not eat some pieces of avocado flesh the next time you have the breakfast. Interestingly, you will discover the amazing delicious avocado calories.